What to expect on your first visit
We look forward to seeing you
The Center for Family Medicine offers a team approach to you and your family’s care. When you schedule your first appointment you can ask us to send you our New Patient Information Packet. This packet will include the demographics and medical history forms, as well as a map to find us.
On your first visit you will most likely meet with a nurse and a doctor. They will discuss your medical history and assist you with any medical issues you may be having. Our goal is to provide you the best care possible in a comfortable environment and also give you the information you need to take a proactive role in your health.
If follow up appointments are needed, a staff member will make all the arrangements with you and will even send you a reminder when your next appointment grows closer.
To make your first visit to CFM as beneficial and convenient as possible these are a few things you should remember to bring with you:
- Your insurance card – If you do not have insurance, CFM will work with you to provide care in the most affordable way possible
- A valid photographic identification – Identification cards may be a state driver’s license, state photo ID card or a passport. If you do not have any of these, please call or ask when you visit what else may be used.
- Information and documentation of your medical history
- A complete list of any medication you are presently taking – you may also bring your medication bottles for the doctor to review
- A list of any medical questions you may have, so that you do not forget to ask when you visit
To learn more about the Center for Family Medicine call us at 605-339-1783, or click here to schedule an appointment.